Social Services and Children

When social services issue care proceedings it’s distressing for all involved

Specialist child care proceedings solicitors offer practical, non-judgemental advice and representation with the aim of achieving the best outcome for your family.

Social services issue care proceedings when they become concerned about the physical and emotional wellbeing of a child. An application may be made to the court for care orders, supervision orders, emergency protection orders and secure accommodation orders. Sometimes they use a procedure known as the PLO. In both instances, free legal advice is available to parents.

As soon as the pre-proceedings procedure (PLO) or child care proceedings are started, events will move quickly with critical decisions required about where the child will live whilst the matters proceed. It is important, therefore, to speak to a solicitor with experience of child care proceedings as quickly as possible.

parent solicitor

Representing Parents

Our specialist solicitors are experienced and understand the emotional distress that the family goes through when care proceedings are issued. They will support the family, explain the legal process clearly, and provide legal representation designed to achieve the best outcome for you.

We possess a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise in family law and child care proceedings. This enables us to deliver timely, grounded and practical advice to you.

We are used to helping people who are dealing with the following situations:

Book Your Initial ConsultationOur specialist teams are ready to help

We aim to treat each client as we ourselves would wish to be treated so you can come to think of Motley & Hope as 'your solicitors'.